unit test fails in writerperfect

Ashod Nakashian ashnakash at gmail.com
Sun Aug 30 07:21:53 PDT 2015

On Sun, Aug 30, 2015 at 8:39 AM, Regina Henschel <rb.henschel at t-online.de>
wrote:

> Hi David,
>
> David Tardon schrieb:
>
>> So it is a segfault, not a unit test failure... Could you get a stack
>> trace?
>>

> I think no. I have never done it. I would need a step-by-step description
> for dummies.

Regina, you can debug in visual studio using the following command:

CPPUNITTRACE="\"C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Visual Studio
12.0/Common7/IDE/devenv.exe\" /debugexe" /opt/lo/bin/make <test_name>

You need to correct the path to devenv and find the test_name that is
failing. You should find it near the end of the output. They all start with
'CppunitTest_'.

When you run the above command, it will run the failing unittest from
within visual studio, which will break when it crashes. This will give you
an opportunity to inspect the stack trace (from the stack debug window) and
also see the code and line where it faults (if inside LO codebase).

Let me know if you need more help.