unit test fails in writerperfect

Regina Henschel rb.henschel at t-online.de
Sun Aug 30 08:57:02 PDT 2015

Hi Ashod,

Ashod Nakashian schrieb:

> On Sun, Aug 30, 2015 at 8:39 AM, Regina Henschel
> <rb.henschel at t-online.de <mailto:rb.henschel at t-online.de>> wrote:
>
>     Hi David,
>
>     David Tardon schrieb:
>
>         So it is a segfault, not a unit test failure... Could you get a
>         stack trace?
>

>     I think no. I have never done it. I would need a step-by-step
>     description for dummies.
>

> Regina, you can debug in visual studio using the following command:
>
> CPPUNITTRACE="\"C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Visual Studio
> 12.0/Common7/IDE/devenv.exe\" /debugexe" /opt/lo/bin/make <test_name>
>
> You need to correct the path to devenv and find the test_name that is
> failing. You should find it near the end of the output. They all start
> with 'CppunitTest_'.
>
> When you run the above command, it will run the failing unittest from
> within visual studio, which will break when it crashes. This will give
> you an opportunity to inspect the stack trace (from the stack debug
> window) and also see the code and line where it faults (if inside LO
> codebase).
>
> Let me know if you need more help.

I have run the command
$ CPPUNITTRACE="\"C:/Program Files/Microsoft Visual Studio
12.0/Common7/IDE/devenv.exe\" /debugexe" /opt/lo/bin/make
CppunitTest_writerperfect_writer

But I get nothing. Visual Studio starts with "cppunittester" in
title-bar. In the Cygwin window I get last line
[build CUT] writerperfect_writer

Then nothing more happens, no process activity, no hard disk actions.
Cygwin does not come back to prompt.

Kind regards
Regina