unit test fails in writerperfect

Ashod Nakashian ashnakash at gmail.com
Sun Aug 30 11:21:10 PDT 2015

On Sun, Aug 30, 2015 at 12:52 PM, Regina Henschel <rb.henschel at t-online.de>
wrote:

> Hi Ashod,

> I think, that I'm unable to cope with "what variable has the unexpected
> value". That is something for those who are familiar with that part of code.
>
> I see that David Tardon has pushed patches. Perhaps they are related to
> the problem?
>
> Nevertheless, thank you for guiding me further in the use of Visual Studio.

You're welcome.

If it's not something you can figure out (which is normal for unfamiliar
code,) then it's best to wait for someone familiar.

You can try pulling and rebuild and rerun the test to see if that patch
fixes it. Typically when something major breaks (that is visible in Jenkins
or by a casual run of the app) it will get fixed soon, so it's good to
watch for commits and try to pull and rebuild.

Otherwise, my aim was to help you learn troubleshooting unittest failures
and debugging for the issue; a skill that is extremely valuable.
In the future you should be in a better position to find and fix unittest
issues, whether due to your own changes or that of somebody else.

Cheers.