unit test fails in writerperfect

Regina Henschel rb.henschel at t-online.de
Sun Aug 30 09:52:34 PDT 2015

Hi Ashod,

I see no way to copy the Call Stack. I have attached a screen shot instead.

Ashod Nakashian schrieb:

> On Sun, Aug 30, 2015 at 12:18 PM, Regina Henschel
> <rb.henschel at t-online.de <mailto:rb.henschel at t-online.de>> wrote:
>
>     Hi Ashod,
>
>     I was more bravely now and have clicked on "start" in Visual Studio.
>     Then a command window opened and therein I get
>     http://pastebin.ca/3138849
>     Then it stops with the error message:
>     Unhangled exception at 0x0229B9A1 (vcllo.dll) in cppunittester.exe:
>     0xC0000005: Access violation writing location 0x00000004.
>
>     I have pressed "Bread".
>
>     And now?
>
> Great. You can now look at the stack where the exception happens.
>
> Go to the Debug menu > Windows > Call Stack.
>
> You can also use the many other tools to debug and find the root of the
> problem.
>
> But the stack is where you want to start. Try to find the first function
> (from the top) that is within LO project.
> Most likely the debugger stopped in a helper function that we don't care
> about.
>
> Double click on that function, and it should open the source code.

It has opened a source code automatically. At that point I see in the
auto watch window for "this" a value of "0x00000000 <NULL>".

> If it opens the disassembly window, just close it and double-click on
> the function again (assuming you have the sources in the right place and
> the function IS in our code, it should work).
>
> Try to figure out the context by navigating (double click on function
> name in stack) and see what variable has the unexpected value.

I think, that I'm unable to cope with "what variable has the unexpected
value". That is something for those who are familiar with that part of code.

I see that David Tardon has pushed patches. Perhaps they are related to
the problem?

Nevertheless, thank you for guiding me further in the use of Visual Studio.

Kind regards
Regina