Request for upload HSQLDB 2.3.3.zip on http://dev-www.libreoffice.org/src

Caolán McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Mon Dec 14 12:44:22 PST 2015

On Mon, 2015-12-14 at 12:47 +0100, Michael Stahl wrote:
> i thought we use an old version of HSQLDB because its file format
> changed and so if we upgrade then we create compatibility issues with
> HSQLDB files embedded in ODB documents; is there more backward
> compatibility nowadays?

IIRC we were sort of hoping to move to non-java firebird and figure out
some way to migrate from hsqldb to that format (insert vague hand
waving here).

Though as it stands the firebird format is platform dependent, which
suggests the possibility of using the platform independent firebird
backup format (stalled as https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/c/14968/)

We should probably decide if we still want to do that. If we do then it
probably doesn't make sense to change the default database format twice
in succession and possibly need two ways to convert hsqldb1 and hsqldb2
files to firebird ?

C.