Two svg import filters

Regina Henschel rb.henschel at t-online.de
Fri Dec 18 03:12:50 PST 2015

Hi Armin,

Armin Le Grand schrieb:
[..]
> Both do not allow round-trip, good-quality SVG editing, that is not the
> role of LO.

Why not?

  At least, (b) keeps the orig SVG as reusable data (context
> menu, save graphic saves the *original* svg). Thus, you can edit it in
> an external editor and re-add (or is there nowadays even a 'edit in
> external editor', have seen that somewhere..?).

The item "Edit with External Tool..." is in the context menu of the
image. In my case the browser is started to open the svg image. But LO
adds garbage in front of the svg source, so my browser shows an XML
error. Despite of the ... in the item label, no dialog opens to choose
the External Tool.

Kind regards
Regina