Two svg import filters

Armin Le Grand armin_le_grand at me.com
Fri Dec 18 06:35:42 PST 2015

Hi,

Am 18.12.2015 um 12:12 schrieb Regina Henschel:
> Hi Armin,
>
> Armin Le Grand schrieb:
> [..]
>> Both do not allow round-trip, good-quality SVG editing, that is not the
>> role of LO.
>
> Why not?

Don't get me wrong - I would love LO to be a SVG editor, in the same
sense that I would love it to be a pixel editor when a pixel graphic is
selected. Both would require much work to make it happen. In the case of
the pixel editor the pragmatic answer is to use an external tool, evtl.
triggered from the office. As long as we do not extensively add work to
get a good SVG edit roundtrip, the answer for now is the same for SVG.

>  At least, (b) keeps the orig SVG as reusable data (context
>> menu, save graphic saves the *original* svg). Thus, you can edit it in
>> an external editor and re-add (or is there nowadays even a 'edit in
>> external editor', have seen that somewhere..?).
>
> The item "Edit with External Tool..." is in the context menu of the
> image. In my case the browser is started to open the svg image. But LO
> adds garbage in front of the svg source, so my browser shows an XML
> error. Despite of the ... in the item label, no dialog opens to choose
> the External Tool.

The idea is good and this should be added to bugzilla as an error. This
should be possible for SVG and pixel graphics. If this runs well (and
opens the user's choosen default editor for the wnated purpose) we have
a good solution.

> Kind regards
> Regina

ALG (PGP Key: EE1C 4B3F E751 D8BC C485 DEC1 3C59 F953 D81C F4A2)