LibreOffice / Mozilla rendering ...

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at collabora.com
Fri Feb 6 05:34:42 PST 2015

Hi Chris,

	So - first, wonderful to meet you at FOSDEM; I CC the people working on
the core tiled / mobile rendering for Android (and elsewhere) some of
whom you met :-) Thanks for coming and seeing your code in-use for
LibreOffice =)

	Of course, it's fantastic to have been able to re-use the mozilla
fennec Java tiled-rendering code; but as we want to make this work
cross-platform as well (as you do in Mozilla) - I suspect that we really
want to be switching from Java to use your C++ compositing code. My hope
is that lets us target Android, iOS, UbuntuTouch, etc. - but also Mac,
Windows etc. =)

	As I understand it the thing we should be doing is re-using this
goodness:

	https://wiki.mozilla.org/Platform/GFX/OffMainThreadCompositing

	So - some questions:

	a) did I find the right URL =)

	b) how does that map to source code directories inside
	   mozilla-central to blatantly steal / re-factor =)

	c) you mentioned other people who would be interested in that ?
	   it'd be great to contact / CC them on this =)

	And, once again - thanks for all the great code from Mozilla on Android
& elsewhere, really great to meet up,

	ATB,

		Michael.

--