LibreOffice support for MS-Visio Stencils/Templates and Shapes ?

Maarten Hoes hoes.maarten at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 01:43:02 PST 2015

Hi,

I was wondering if LibreOffice (master) is currently supposed to have
support for Microsoft Visio Stencils (.vss) and Templates (.vst)  ?

When I open one of these stencils in MS-Visio, I get a blank file onto
which I can drag and drop all of the shapes that are included in the
stencil. The shapes that are included in the file are displayed in a
separate window. [In essence, a stencil (.vss file) is a collection of
shapes associated with a particular Microsoft Office Visio template (.vst
file).]

When I open up one of these in LibreOffice i do get the blank new file, but
not the window that has the shapes that are included.

Is there supposed to be support for MS-Visio and Stencils/Templates and
Shapes in LibreOffice, or should I file an enhancement request for this  ?

Thanks,

- Maarten