AW: Print-Preview in Calc

Kohei Yoshida libreoffice at kohei.us
Fri Feb 20 07:41:19 PST 2015

> On February 20, 2015 at 9:45 AM Juergen Funk Mailinglist
> <Juergen.Funk_ml at cib.de> wrote:

> In the eyes of user it that a bug.

Be careful of generalizing it here.  One user's critical bug is another user's
feature, and yet the same thing can be a reasonable limitation due to the way
app is designed and the difficulty of addressing it given (the lack of)
resources and potential hazards.

> Do you mean that can't be solvable?

My conclusion was that the current behavior was an acceptable limitation given
the negative impact that saving from the print preview caused, and the
difficulty of allowing it without issues, and the way the current print preview
window is implemented.  I still wouldn't change it for fear or opening a huge
can of worms.

If you still feel strongly that this needs to be addressed, then I'd recommend
digging up the past issues, discussions surrounding this issue, and thinking
through it carefully before reaching your own conclusion.

Best,

Kohei