[IMPORTANT] Google OpenId End-of-Life, Gerrit users need to take action

Robinson Tryon bishop.robinson at gmail.com
Sat Feb 21 08:45:28 PST 2015

On Sat, Feb 21, 2015 at 6:16 AM, Norbert Thiebaud <nthiebaud at gmail.com> wrote:
> Google OpenId is going to turn off by April 20...
> A very large portion of hte gerrit users have google are their sole
> openid provider linked to their account.
> You need to link one or more other OpenId provider to your existing
> account. See:
> https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/GoogleOpenID

Perhaps that page can link to/get cosy with this one?
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Website/OpenID

> If you fail to do so by April 20th, then you will not be able to
> log-in your current gerrit account.

Unless y'all have a favorite alternative OpenID provider, I suggest
you take a look at Launchpad/UbuntuOne. Hopefully Launchpad will
continue to offer OpenID support for at least a few more months:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Website/OpenID#Need_an_OpenID_for_one_of_our_services.3F

Best,
--R

--