[IMPORTANT] Google OpenId End-of-Life, Gerrit users need to take action

V Stuart Foote VStuart.Foote at utsa.edu
Sat Feb 21 11:57:26 PST 2015

Hmm, so looks like there is an issue with gerrit project's implementation of
openid4java and StackExchanges OpenID (also using openid4java).

Looks like StackExchange is serving OpenID AX attribute type/value pair
exchanges to a namespace alias "alias3" rather than the OpenID prototypical
alias "ax" and the the gerrit implementation of OpenID --openid4java-- is
unable to or is not configured to parse the attributes.

I don't know if that is configurable in the LO instance of gerrit, or must
be patched upstream but as it is now don't think we can use a StackExchange
OpenID to replace expiring Google instance.

A shame...

=-ref-=
http://meta.stackexchange.com/questions/106922/stackexchange-openid-parameter-for-email-should-be-openid-ax-value-email
http://meta.stackexchange.com/questions/142383/stackexchange-openid-provider-not-returning-the-email