Macro that copy Writer form control entry to a Calc cell

Jean-Francois Camboulas admin at odys-seus.fr
Mon Feb 23 02:08:30 PST 2015

Hi, I posted a project offer on many freelancers sites but had very expansive offers (from 150$to 1000$ !) which seemed quite not realistic to me so I just left everything pending. I would like to have an advice on the time needed to code such a macro, that writes entries from a Writer form control to a Calc cell. Thank you for your help.

LibreOffice macro copying entries from Writer form controls to Calc cells

REQUIRED SKILL : LibreOffice macros in Python or VB

DELAY : To be fixed by mutual agreement, depending on developper estimation.

LANGUAGE : French or English speaking.

JOB DESCRIPTION

Write a LibreOffice 4.3 macro that can be associated with a choosable event of any form control (of type listed in attached Writer document : formatted form control, date, currency, text field etc) created in a Writer document.

On the event, the macro should copy the entry made by the user in the Writer form control to a Calc cell which has the same name as the form control.

• If the user has done no entry, then the macro should do nothing. But if there is a default entry, this default entry should be copied.
• The names can be any name that is accepted by LibreOffice as a form control name in Writer and a field name in Calc.

The Calc file, to which Writer form control entries are copied to, is supposed to have same name and path as the Writer file (ex. myfile.odt and myfile.ods). Il the Calc file is not already opened, the macro should open it and return an error message if it doesn't exist.

The macro should work with LibreOffice on windows or mac.

HELP

There is an example of OpenOffice macro that writes the value of a Calc form control to a Calc cell (in the same worsheet) : https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=18714

PRICE

The script is probably not very long and I hope it can be writen easily for a developper who knows LibreOffice macro programming and API. Just tell me how many hours you expect to spend on that job.

TEST

The Writer and Calc documents are given for test purpose. Each form control in the Writer document has a corresponding field in the Calc document (the field is an individual cell).

A final test will have to be done on Skype, by the developper, after finding a common 1 hours time slot between 9 AM and 12 PM UTC+1.

DELIVERY

A file containing the macro. The file must be ready to use with LibreOffice 4.3.5.2.
Cordialement

Jean-François Camboulas
Tél. 06 13 56 58 75

286-294, avenue du Pilon du Roy