Package building reduces the lifetime of the SSD drives

Norbert Thiebaud nthiebaud at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 13:55:48 PST 2015

On Mon, Feb 23, 2015 at 3:44 PM, Robert Antoni Buj i Gelonch
<robert.buj at gmail.com> wrote:
> Does we still use [1] for OS X tinderboxes?

nope.. not for 3 years or so...

but its replacement 'tb' is quite flexible and I have used the
possibilities to customize the different 'phases' to indeed use a
ramdisk (or do pretty much anything you fancy really)

I also use a massive ramdisk (23GB)  to build release version for the
32 bits release... not for fear of harming my ssd, but because
localization build where horrendously slow without it (14 hours build
=> 2 hours build), due to HFS sucking very hard.

Norbert