Package building reduces the lifetime of the SSD drives

Robert Antoni Buj i Gelonch robert.buj at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 15:05:10 PST 2015

First, I'm going to do manually;

PHASE 1: Inital Ram Disk

1.- Create Ram Disk & symlink to workdir
$ diskutil erasevolume HFS+ 'RAM Disk' `hdiutil attach -nomount
ram://12000000`
$ ln -s /Volumes/RAM\ Disk /path_to_git_folder/workdir

2.- Build

3.- Backup Ramdisk => dmg file
$ mount
. . .
/dev/{device number} on /Volumes/RAM Disk (hfs, local, nodev, nosuid,
noowners, mounted by tb)
$ sudo hdiutil create /path_to_dmg_file/RAM\ Disk.dmg -srcdevice
/dev/{device number}

4.- Delete Ram Disk:
$ umount -f /Volumes/RAM\ Disk
$ hdiutl detach /Volumes/RAM\ Disk

PHASE 2

5.- Do [1]

6.- Restore dmg file => RAM\ Disk Volume
$ sudo asr restore -source /path_to_dmg_file/RAM\ Disk.dmg --target
/Volumes/RAM\ Disk -noprompt -noverify -erase

7.- Repeat [2]

8.- Do [3]

--
http://about.me/rbuj