How do I tear down soffice cleanly?

Wols Lists antlists at youngman.org.uk
Tue Feb 24 11:28:42 PST 2015

On 24/02/15 11:54, Michael Stahl wrote:
> On 20.02.2015 18:11, Jens Tröger wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I've seen a lot of examples of how to start soffice in server mode, and
>> then how to connect to it.  I'm using PyUNO and it works.  However, I am
>> unclear on how to close down the connection cleanly, so that I won't
>> have the "Document Recovery" dialog pop up next time around.  (I assume
>> that something wasn't cleaned up correctly, or else the dialog wouldn't
>> show?)
>
> that indicates that documents were still open at shutdown time.

Not that I understand what's going here, but ...

This could be related to annoyance I have. It confuses the heck out of
my wife, and it's basically Document Recovery having a design fault.
(That's assuming I've identified the symptoms right - I don't suffer the
problem so I haven't really investigated.)

Scenario
Open a document in LO from eg Thunderbird, so it's actually in /tmp
Someone else shuts down the system, effectively killing Writer
Open Writer again

The document recovery pane basically gives you two options, to attempt
recovery, or to abort recovery (which will then try again next time).
Neither is appropriate when you know that the document no longer exists

Cheers,
Wol