tubes/source/conference.cxx:251:79: error: 'OSL_ENSURE' was not declared in this scope

Bjoern Michaelsen bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com
Wed Jan 7 02:37:40 PST 2015

Hi,

On Wed, Jan 07, 2015 at 11:02:19AM +0200, Tor Lillqvist wrote:
> My rationale was that if people just come up with new log areas anyway,
> without bothering to check if there already is some suitable one, or what
> style of log areas we have in general (as if there would be any
> consistency, haha...), then the plugin is pointless.

Personal opinion: The double bookkeeping of log areas is bad, and people ignore
it because its a direct violation of DRY. IMHO if that plugin is active, it
should just add the missing log areas. Whoever is caring about consistency in
the log areas then simply needs to look at that file once in a while and tweak
existing log areas into a consistent state. Consistency is not something that
can be achieved by forcing over 200 people to do edits to one file(*), it needs to
be maintained by 1-2 people with a good context on what is there and what the
customs are.

Best,

Bjoern

(*) aka "technical solution to a social problem"