Jenkins verification of gerrit patches

Norbert Thiebaud nthiebaud at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 06:36:03 PST 2015

On Wed, Jan 14, 2015 at 8:25 AM, Stephan Bergmann <sbergman at redhat.com> wrote:
> On 01/12/2015 06:28 AM, Norbert Thiebaud wrote:
>>
>> FYI: the build are 'default build'. autogen.config contains pretty
>> much nothing beyond
>> --with-external-tar, --wtih-ant-home and sometimes
>> --disable-dependency-tracking
>

> at least --enable-werror should hopefully be uncontroversial to add?

if is is, then why is it not the default ?

My problem is
1/ I'd like to avoid getting in the autogen.input management game
2/ I'm concerned about false positive.. that is your gerrit patch
verification build failed because the core you built on failed.

so if the rule for core and in general tb on core build with
--enable-werror, then that should limit it.. but if that is the case
--enable-werror should be the default to start with, and if it is
jenkins will do that automatically

Norbert