4.4.0.1 build error on sal/types.h on solaris/illumos

Gabriele Bulfon gbulfon at sonicle.com
Sat Jan 17 02:33:52 PST 2015

Thanks to you all guys for helping us :)
I will ty to complete this build and will then look how to setup a tinderbox, surely.
Thanks!
Gabriele.
Da: Jan Holesovsky
A: gbulfon at sonicle.com
Cc: libreoffice-dev
Data: 16 gennaio 2015 20.00.52 CET
Oggetto: Re: 4.4.0.1 build error on sal/types.h on solaris/illumos
Hi Gabriele,
Gabriele Bulfon pí?e v ?t 15. 01. 2015 v 15:05 +0100:
we already succeded more than a year ago, in building libreoffice
4.1.0.4 on our illumos based XStreamOS Desktop,
creating a lot of patches to support our platform.
We're now in the process of upgrading to 4.4.0.1 from sources.
We decided to start from scratch, with no patch at all, and port
patches during build until we succeed.
This, because we found a lot of "ifdefs" and "macros" about Soalris
and SunOS in general, se we maybe don't need
all our previous patches anymore.
This is awesome!  Thanks so much for that :-)
When you have it building - could you please setup a tinderbox for
solaris/illumnos, so that you don't have to undertake this painful
porting / building again?
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/Tinderbox
[see especially the "For Tinderbox owners" part].  With the tinderbox in
place, you can be sure that the master will stay buildable on your
platform.
Also would be great if you can up-stream your changes on the way,
hopefully it is easy enough using gerrit?
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/gerrit
All the best,
Kendy