4.4.0.1 build error on sal/types.h on solaris/illumos

Norbert Thiebaud nthiebaud at gmail.com
Sun Jan 18 11:15:22 PST 2015

On Sun, Jan 18, 2015 at 12:18 PM, Gabriele Bulfon <gbulfon at sonicle.com> wrote:
> Ok, I checked and it looks fine, so solaris.mk should be taken.
> Also config.log shows correct variables for OS, CPU and COM.
>
> What actually happens is during make, after it has downloaded and extracted
> various stuff.
> The last one is translations file.
>
> Then it goes on building concat-deps, and linking fails:
>
> [build C ] solenv/bin/concat-deps.c
> [build LNK] Executable/concat-deps
> ld: fatal: unrecognized option '-O'
> ld: fatal: unrecognized option '-1'
> ld: fatal: use the -z help option for usage information
>
> Maybe just concat-deps have problems linking with wrong options on Solaris?

Yes it is quite possible... concat-deps is a small utility I wrote to
speed up the original perl-based one... and I'm quite sure I never
tried to link it on Solaris.
Otoh concat-deps is built using the standard gbuild mechanism for that:
see solenv/Executable_concat-deps.mk

so it is more likely that the problem is generic and that concat-deps
just happen to be the first one to be linked.

> BTW, is there any way to issue gmake and let it show what command "LNK" is
> doing?
> It tried forcing a "-n" but I did not get the command debugged....

verbose=t make

Norbert