[libreoffice-l10n] Re: Workflow between dev, UX and l10n teams

Michael Stahl mstahl at redhat.com
Wed Jan 28 03:55:37 PST 2015

On 28.01.2015 03:14, Jesper Hertel wrote:

> <mailto:bishop.robinson at gmail.com>>:
>
>     2) What will the language be for builds w/o langpacks? Just a generic
>     'English'? (maybe we can call it "LibreOffice English" :-)
>

> Maybe there should be no such build at all.

perhaps it would be possible to identify the strings by integers and
produce en-US "translations" from that via the l10n tooling...

... but there has to be a default language, otherwise developers will
become grumpy because builds will take longer and use more disk space;
the "translations" git repository currently takes up 2GB, which is 40%
more space than the source code ("core") repo, (+ 1.5GB for the working
copy), and is growing at a faster rate, so it is good that the
translation repository is optional and only downloaded if you use
--with-lang=...