Adding Languages to Writer's Character, Font Menu

Richard Wordingham richard.wordingham at ntlworld.com
Thu Jul 2 11:34:54 PDT 2015

On Wed, 24 Jun 2015 23:40:10 +0200
Michael Stahl <mstahl at redhat.com> wrote:

> On 24.06.2015 23:26, toki wrote:

> > That is part of the reason why I think the whole Western/CJKV/CTL
> > split should be thrown out, and replaced with language/writing
> > system, supplemented by locale data.

> that's a great idea in theory, unfortunately it would throw out any
> hope of compatibility with Microsoft Office as well....

How does one achieve compatibility with per script font-selection as
shown in
http://blogs.msdn.com/b/officeinteroperability/archive/2013/04/22/office-open-xml-themes-schemes-and-fonts.aspx ?

For that matter, how does the current scheme square with a style having
separate fonts for ASCII and other Latin characters - the *four*-way
split ASCII / 'High ANSI' / Complex Script / East Asian?

Richard.