RTF support

Miklos Vajna vmiklos at collabora.co.uk
Fri Jul 3 09:01:06 PDT 2015

Hi,

On Fri, Jul 03, 2015 at 07:59:01AM -0700, tracey002 <wpiis at gte.net> wrote:
> Can someone please identify the following RTF Controls?
>
> \facpgsxn	162
> \nextcset	249
> \tql	371
> After the control, the number is the line in the *rtfkeywd.hxx* file
>
> I assume the category "RTF Control" means the controls are native to RTF,
> but I can not find them in the documentation

The last version of RTF specification is here:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-US/Download/details.aspx?id=10725

All the above 3 RTF control words are not part of the specification, so
most probably some legacy OOo extension that we inherited in LO.

As far as I see:

- facpgsxn is not used for anything LO, could be removed
- nextcset seems to be an alias for \ansi in the shared RTF filter
  (not used by Writer, but used by Calc and Impress)
- tql seems to be used for left-aligned tabs in the shared RTF filter
  (not used by Writer, but used by Calc and Impress)

Just curious, why do you ask? If possible, please don't depend on these
control words, it happened already in the past that such custom RTF
extension had been removed and replaced by something that is part of the
RTF spec (at least on the export side).

Regards,

Miklos