RTF support

tracey002 wpiis at gte.net
Fri Jul 3 15:31:17 PDT 2015

> Just curious, why do you ask?
I want to know what RTF functionality LibreOffice Writer does and does
not support. :-)

    Since the 3 controls were labled as RTF Controls: I suspected that
    they might be acutal/functional controls, but maybe with
    typographical errors.

Many/Most of Microsoft's _RTF Specification Documents_ have numerous
technical typographical errors:

    mis-spelling control names in the examples
    controls spelt one way in the body of the document and differently
    in the index
    controls in the main section but not in the index and controls in
    the index and not in the main section

        It does not appear that Microsoft was ever really serious about
        _RTF Specification Documentation_.

I reported an RTF bug in 2011 and it seems to have been resolved some
time in 2013

    I downloaded the last/latest version (3.6.7.2) that I think will
    work with Windows 2000 (since that is what I use).
    Since I did not find RTF Technical Information in the LibreOffice
    Help file I downloaded the archived source code.
    I searched for files that contains "RTF" and found _*rtfkeywd.hxx*_
    which also has the year of 2013 in the time/date stamp.
    I compared the rtfkeywd.hxx entries with the index entries from RTF
    Specification Documentation v1.9.1 and found differences.

Just FYI, Tracey