HelpAuthoring.oxt: An easy way to edit help files

Sophie Gautier gautier.sophie at gmail.com
Fri Jul 3 09:57:50 PDT 2015

Hi Kendy,

On Fri, Jul 3, 2015 at 5:39 PM, Jan Holesovsky <kendy at collabora.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Olivier recently resurrected the HelpAuthoring.oxt extension that makes
> it much easier to edit help files, and I've pushed that to git now:
>

> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/contrib/dev-tools/tree/helpauthoring
>
> I don't want to announce it too widely yet, tough; it has a bug that
> from some reason, the new edits appear in bold when saved (they appear
> enclosed in <emph> / </emph>).

Maybe I can have a look during the week-end.

> Olivier, anybody - can you please have a look why that happens?  Cannot
> do myself ATM :-(
>
> Once this is fixed, I hope the editing of Help will get much easier, and
> we'll be able to get better coverage / higher quality Help even before
> we convert to some better editable format.  Some instructions how to use
> it:
>
> https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/Help

Maybe we should merge the page you asked me to write some times ago
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/HelpContent
I've begin to write a simplified guide more complete than what I wrote on
the wiki

There is also the two extra files that will help to locate the help files
to modify that we should decide where to put.
Also is the modified template on git?

> Olivier - if you can make it to the next ESC, that would be great :-)
> Thanks so much for making this happen!

Cheers
Sophie

--