How do I start contributing to Open-Source community?

Ashutosh Narang ashutoshnarang80 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 10:57:33 PDT 2015

There's a hitch in my mind.
I'm not a great programmer, I have learn't programming on my own from books
and online vedios.
So I want to ask that , do iI need to get a more in-depth understanding or
should go along with learning while contributing.
I want to become a great programmer. I have time. I would be thankful if
you reply and help.
Thanks.