About fix for tdf#82744: WebDAV LOCK is released when document is saved

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Tue Jul 14 05:12:55 PDT 2015

On 07/14/2015 12:34 PM, Giuseppe Castagno wrote:
> I came across a comment on top of method
> SfxMedium::ShowLockedDocumentDialog.
>
> The comment states that lock/unlock should be put in the relevant ucb
> component.

You mean the "FIXME: ..." comment added with
<http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=063b32804c58f663e42444f676af1a1e3a1cc2a8>
"Don't use lock files when sandboxed on OS X"?  I wouldn't worry too
much about it.  IIUC, it is concerned with LO's "home-grown" locking
scheme (involving additional .~lock.*# files), which is only marginally
related to the question whether to send WebDAV UNLOCK when saving vs.
when closing a document.

> Unfortunately I started implementing the fix managing the WebDAV
> lock/unlock from the framework instead.

You mean, you somehow manage with modifications to the framework code to
cause the sending of WebDAV UNLOCK to happen upon closing a document,
instead upon saving it?  Sounds good then, IMO.