About fix for tdf#82744: WebDAV LOCK is released when document is saved

Giuseppe Castagno giuseppe.castagno at acca-esse.eu
Tue Jul 14 06:08:11 PDT 2015

Hi Stephan,

On 07/14/2015 02:12 PM, Stephan Bergmann wrote:
> On 07/14/2015 12:34 PM, Giuseppe Castagno wrote:
>> I came across a comment on top of method
>> SfxMedium::ShowLockedDocumentDialog.
>>
>> The comment states that lock/unlock should be put in the relevant ucb
>> component.
>
> You mean the "FIXME: ..." comment added with
> <http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=063b32804c58f663e42444f676af1a1e3a1cc2a8>
> "Don't use lock files when sandboxed on OS X"?  I wouldn't worry too
> much about it.  IIUC, it is concerned with LO's "home-grown" locking
> scheme (involving additional .~lock.*# files), which is only marginally
> related to the question whether to send WebDAV UNLOCK when saving vs.
> when closing a document.

exactly that, 3rd hunk of the commit you pointed me to.

>> Unfortunately I started implementing the fix managing the WebDAV
>> lock/unlock from the framework instead.
>
> You mean, you somehow manage with modifications to the framework code to
> cause the sending of WebDAV UNLOCK to happen upon closing a document,
> instead upon saving it?  Sounds good then, IMO.

the framework changes I'working on are meant to manage correctly the
lock/unlock in WebDAV.

ASA I have a working commit, I'll push to gerrit.

BTW, what does HAVE_FEATURE_MULTIUSER_ENVIRONMENT compile time flag
(inside the commit recalled above) mean?

--
Kind Regards,
Giuseppe Castagno aka beppec56
giuseppe.castagno at acca-esse.eu