bugzilla: no ASSIGNED status anymore?

David Tardon dtardon at redhat.com
Wed Jul 15 01:30:31 PDT 2015

Hi,

On Tue, Jul 14, 2015 at 08:31:43PM +0200, Lionel Elie Mamane wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 14, 2015 at 01:19:20PM -0500, Robinson Tryon wrote:

> > > It appeared, seemingly only after I changed the "assigned to" field
> > > away from the default?
> >
> > I don't think it was a part of the 4.4.9 upgrade
> > (https://www.bugzilla.org/releases/4.4.9/release-notes.html); it's
> > possible that some of our recent changes to who can edit Bugzilla
> > fields has slightly tweaked the field interactions. Is there an
> > instance in which we'd like to use ASSIGNED with the default
> > assigned-to account/email?
>
> No, but:
>
> 1) I was surprised, I just didn't have the choice, it is only when I
>    went back to the same bug *after* saving the assigned-to change
>    that ASSIGNED appeared.
>
> 2) I consider putting myself as assigned-to and status "ASSIGNED" as
>    one atomic operation, now I have to do two; first change
>    assigned-to, save that, then change status to ASSIGNED.

There is another gotcha related to this that I found a few days ago: If
one clears the assignee field while in ASSIGNED state (by a mistake or
whatever), it is not possible to move the bug to NEW. The only available
states are ASSIGNED and RESOLVED.

(In my case the assignee was cleared by another person and I only wanted
to move the bug to NEW.)

D.