bugzilla: no ASSIGNED status anymore?

Lionel Elie Mamane lionel at mamane.lu
Tue Jul 14 11:31:43 PDT 2015

On Tue, Jul 14, 2015 at 01:19:20PM -0500, Robinson Tryon wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 14, 2015 at 10:53 AM, Lionel Elie Mamane <lionel at mamane.lu> wrote:
> > On Tue, Jul 14, 2015 at 05:46:23PM +0200, Lionel Elie Mamane wrote:
> >
> >> Did the ASSIGNED status for a bug disappear or am I being particularly
> >> blind today?
> >
> > It appeared, seemingly only after I changed the "assigned to" field
> > away from the default?
>
> I don't think it was a part of the 4.4.9 upgrade
> (https://www.bugzilla.org/releases/4.4.9/release-notes.html); it's
> possible that some of our recent changes to who can edit Bugzilla
> fields has slightly tweaked the field interactions. Is there an
> instance in which we'd like to use ASSIGNED with the default
> assigned-to account/email?

No, but:

1) I was surprised, I just didn't have the choice, it is only when I
   went back to the same bug *after* saving the assigned-to change
   that ASSIGNED appeared.

2) I consider putting myself as assigned-to and status "ASSIGNED" as
   one atomic operation, now I have to do two; first change
   assigned-to, save that, then change status to ASSIGNED.

--
Lionel