Calc removing add-in functions from function wizard

Eike Rathke erack at redhat.com
Wed Jul 15 04:53:15 PDT 2015

Hi Winfried,

Coming back to this..

On Thursday, 2015-07-09 14:02:35 +0200, Winfried Donkers wrote:

> Some add-in functions are rather obsolete and have better alternatives, e.g. GCD_ADD has known errors and GCD has not. LCM_ADD looks like another example.
> IMHO these functions had better be removed from the function wizard and tips.

Yes and no ...

> AFAICS that possibility is currently not there.
> I would like to make it possible to exclude add-in functions from the UI.
> The function must still be available by typing directly and will be used when an xls-document uses such an add-in function.
>
> Do you have objections to this idea and do you have suggestions where in the code I could best start?

The best solution would be to not offer them in the UI unless an
expression that is currently edited already uses it. That may get a bit
tricky though. But could be a goal also for builtin functions, not just
Add-In functions.

For builtin functions it could be done similar to the already existing
boolean flag in ExtraData blocks of sc/source/ui/src/scfuncs.src that
denotes whether a function is suppressed in UI. That flag completely
removes the function from the function descriptors, a new flag (or
different value in that field) could denote the "suppress if not used"
case.

For our internal Add-In functions maybe ScCompiler::AddInMap of
sc/source/core/tool/odffmap.cxx could be used.

ScFunctionList then would have to hold these flags in its ScFuncDesc
entries and ScFormulaDlg somehow react on it.

Hope that helps..

  Eike

GPG key "ID" 0x65632D3A - 2265 D7F3 A7B0 95CC 3918  630B 6A6C D5B7 6563 2D3A
Better use 64-bit 0x6A6CD5B765632D3A here is why: https://evil32.com/
Care about Free Software, support the FSFE https://fsfe.org/support/?erack