About fix for tdf#82744: on gerritt, need help

Ashod Nakashian ashnakash at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 05:09:39 PDT 2015

If you are referring to https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/c/17080/ it looks
like it's a unittest issue, not build.

This is the relevant part from the log:

paragraph-sdt.docx,911
W:  @×Å£¾šMÐUnknown node under /registry/extlang: deprecated
W:
ó¶ÊExùŒsumUnknown node under /registry/grandfathered: comments
W:  ˆ¹½¶ˆE€€˜¾øÁ³¶ŠEØ€i-tayUnknown node under
/registry/grandfathered: comments
##Failure Location unknown## : Error
Test name: testEditTime::Import_Export_Import
An uncaught exception of type com.sun.star.task.ErrorCodeIOException

---

If you can build on Windows, you should be able to hook VS debugger.

The build log tells us how to debug unit-tests:

Error: a unit test failed, please do one of:

export CPPUNITTRACE=""[full path to devenv.exe]" /debugexe" # for
interactive debugging in Visual Studio
export CPPUNITTRACE="drmemory -free_max_frames 20"            # for
memory checking (install Dr.Memory first, and put it to your PATH)

and retry using: make CppunitTest_sw_ooxmlfieldexport

---

Here is an example:

CPPUNITTRACE="\"C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Visual Studio
12.0/Common7/IDE/devenv.exe\" /debugexe" /opt/lo/bin/make
CppunitTest_sw_ooxmlfieldexport

This will launch VS (if the path is correct) and run the unittest from
it. You should be able to set breakpoints and catch exceptions of your
choice, or all (from the Debug menu > Exceptions).