pushing patches despite requests for a test

Tomaž Vajngerl quikee at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 19:09:09 PDT 2015

Hi Marcus,

On Sat, Jul 25, 2015 at 1:22 AM, Markus Mohrhard
<markus.mohrhard at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> so it is now the second time that despite me requesting a unit test in a
> gerrit review request a patch has been pushed.
> I only care marginally if you do it in code that I don't maintain but I will
> revert it every single time when it is in code that I maintain.

I'm sorry, you are right. I shouldn't have pushed that patch before
finding a better way how to unit test that case. It was an irrational
decision I made late at night and I regret it now.

> I'd appreciate a decision by the ESC to either stop this behavior or to tell
> me to shut up! In the second case I will take it as another sign that the
> project does not care about quality anymore.

My intention was to setup a infrastructure where we could test XShapes
more reliably by targeting only specific things in the dump which are
interested (in general way to check the whole reference dump is not
that useful as it can give false positives when something unrelated
changes).

So my intention was very much to care about the quality, however I
didn't see a reason that the patch should not be merged (or that the
burden of creating a non-trivial unit test should hold the
contribution back) but I was wrong.

> Regards,
> Markus

Regard, Tomaž