Docker container for building LibreOffice

Dashamir Hoxha dashohoxha at gmail.com
Sun Jul 26 11:04:57 PDT 2015

On Fri, Jul 24, 2015 at 4:02 PM, Eike Rathke <erack at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi Dashamir,
>
> On Friday, 2015-07-24 14:48:16 +0200, Dashamir Hoxha wrote:
>

> https://github.com/FreeSoft-AL/libreoffice-compile/blob/master/compile/git-clean.sh
>
> That's IMHO not only unnecessary but also incomplete. When doing git
> checkout in core only you'll miss the corresponding submodule checkouts,

Please help me to fix these scripts and to make them work properly.

> i.e. dictionaries, translations and helpcontent2. You may not need them
> if you didn't configure so, but just make using ./g a habit when
> switching branches or for pulls. ./g takes care of submodules, it
> applies the git command you specify also to the submodules. Note also
> that you should not use git pull but git pull -r (for rebase) instead to
> not introduce merge commits.
>
> > (because I didn't know about `g`)
>
> I think that's mentioned several times in the build instructions in the
> wiki, but maybe not everywhere where needed.. note it is ./g and not

It is not mentioned here: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BuildingLibreOffice
But you are right because it is mentioned here:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/BuildingOnLinux#Checking_out_a_release_branch
However, since I missed it, this is an indicator that documentation lacks
something
(because I am not a novice user).

> only g, because it is a script in the source root directory.
>
> However, to switch branches to build (e.g. the 5-0 branch) it usually is
> sufficient to
>
> ./g checkout libreoffice-5-0
> make clean
> make

I rename the code directory to match the name of the branch.
In this case the commands above are not sufficient either (`make clean`
will fail).
The command `git clean -fdx` will fix this, as used here:
https://github.com/FreeSoft-AL/libreoffice-compile/blob/master/compile/get-branch.sh

By the way, I have tried twice more to compile the branch libreoffice-5-0,
and both of the times it failed with the message:
----------

g++: internal compiler error: Killed (program cc1plus)
Please submit a full bug report,
See <file:///usr/share/doc/gcc-4.8/README.Bugs> for instructions.
make[6]: *** [IWORKFormula.lo] Error 1
make[5]: *** [all] Error 2
make[4]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[3]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: *** [all] Error 2
make[1]: *** [/compile/libreoffice-5-0/workdir/ExternalProject/libetonyek/build]
Error 1
make: *** [build] Error 2

----------
See the log files here:
 - https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7H_DCc2DjNGTzlrZlZLV25XYm8
 - https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7H_DCc2DjNGa3psd19CREQwUmc
However I have to admit that I didn't use `./g`, just to make sure that it
is necessary.

Now I am compiling it again, but this time for the branch
libreoffice-5-0-0, which
I suppose is more stable than libreoffice-5-0. And I also used `./g`.
The compilation is still going on (and it will last for about 10 hours or
so).

Dashamir