Docker container for building LibreOffice

Bjoern Michaelsen bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com
Sun Jul 26 11:28:48 PDT 2015

Hi,

On Sun, Jul 26, 2015 at 08:04:57PM +0200, Dashamir Hoxha wrote:
> It is not mentioned here: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BuildingLibreOffice
> But you are right because it is mentioned here:
> https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/BuildingOnLinux#Checking_out_a_release_branch
> However, since I missed it, this is an indicator that documentation lacks
> something (because I am not a novice user).

For the described build scenario that documentation is fine, as the
--without-help --without-myspell-dicts switches ensure, you dont need any of
the submodules. If you build help etc. of course, ./g is indeed needed.

> g++: internal compiler error: Killed (program cc1plus)
> Please submit a full bug report,
> See <file:///usr/share/doc/gcc-4.8/README.Bugs> for instructions.

That is gcc suiciding itself. Whatever we do to the compiler, it shouldnt kill
itself. Maybe that gcc 4.8 doesnt handle the boost libs we bundle too well?
Havent seen that before though: Curious.

Best,

Bjoern