Docker container for building LibreOffice

Bjoern Michaelsen bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com
Mon Jul 27 02:58:47 PDT 2015

Hi,

On Mon, Jul 27, 2015 at 11:27:38AM +0200, Dashamir Hoxha wrote:
> The third try, this time using `./g` and the branch 'libreoffice-5-0-0',
> failed with the same error message
> (see the logs at:
> https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7H_DCc2DjNGMkNvSWtJWjZJcGM)

That is to be expected as ./g and the branch shouldnt change anything about an
internal compiler error.

> g++: internal compiler error: Killed (program cc1plus)

Your compiler is broken and the question is why. Does this work outside the
docker container? If so, you are likely hitting some limits of docker. As the
failure is happening while compiling boost::spirit stuff, let me venture some
guesses:
- boost is rather widely deployed -- in general no version of gcc should choke on it
- boost spirit is a true compiler torture test
=> maybe you run into ressource limits set by docker (e.g. process stack size etc.)

Note this is a problem with gcc and docker, _NOT_ one with LibreOffice itself.

Best,

Bjoern