Docker container for building LibreOffice

Eike Rathke erack at redhat.com
Mon Jul 27 05:55:19 PDT 2015

Hi Dashamir,

On Monday, 2015-07-27 12:43:16 +0200, Dashamir Hoxha wrote:

> It can be that it runs into resource limits, because this docker container
> is running
> inside a VPS with 1.7GB RAM

Building LibreOffice needs more RAM. At least 4GB, when building with
debug or dbgutil even more. Using swap instead of real RAM is an option,
but it will result in much increased compile times. The cc1plus abort
you experienced is quite likely related to memory being exhausted.

> I am running it with `nice`. Maybe `nice` and `boost` are a bit conflicting
> to each-other.

That one made me laugh.. 'nice' lowers priority of processes, while
'boost' is a template library used by LibreOffice, which can generate
quite some huge interim preprocessed code before being compiled, hence
the cc1plus got aborted when out of memory.

  Eike

GPG key "ID" 0x65632D3A - 2265 D7F3 A7B0 95CC 3918  630B 6A6C D5B7 6563 2D3A
Better use 64-bit 0x6A6CD5B765632D3A here is why: https://evil32.com/
Care about Free Software, support the FSFE https://fsfe.org/support/?erack