Mac OS X and pkg-config

Khaled Hosny khaledhosny at eglug.org
Mon Jun 8 14:47:52 PDT 2015

When building on Mac OS X the configure script errors if it finds
pkg-config saying it will break the build, unless
--enable-bogus-pkg-config is used. Having completed the build with this
option without seeing any breakage and the resulting build seems to run
just fine, so I’m wondering what kind of breakage should I expect? May
be LibreOffice is now linking to locally installed libraries? If so, how
can I check that.

May goal is to make building LibreOffice easier for “atypical” people
who have things like homebrew or macports without breaking it for
typical users, and this issues is the last one preventing me from doing
just ./autogen.sh && make, so I’d like to get rid of it if it is no
longer relevant.

Regards,
Khaled