Mac OS X and pkg-config

Tor Lillqvist tml at iki.fi
Mon Jun 8 22:23:08 PDT 2015

> May goal is to make building LibreOffice easier for “atypical” people
> who have things like homebrew or macports

Why? What is the point? Such "atypical" people presumably should have no
difficulty in making sure their homebrew or macports things don't affect
their LibreOffice build. We don't need to expand the configuration space
into several new dimensions. We don't need a new set of bugs that can be
seen only with a homebrew or macports version X.Y of external library Z.

If a newer version of some external library is needed, we need to make sure
that that is the version used on all platforms then, when using it bundled
in LibreOffice.

--tml