new warning messages on console since some days + strange behaviour

Tomaž Vajngerl quikee at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 18:35:29 PDT 2015

Hi,

On Tue, Jun 23, 2015 at 5:26 AM, julien2412 <serval2412 at yahoo.fr> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On pc Debian x86-64 with master sources updated today
> (16c2b60fc10b5fdfd36df64f8fca50b95d81871b + make clean) and since some days,
> I've got these kind of messages on console (just on launching Calc):
> ** (soffice:4035): CRITICAL **: GdkPixbuf* bitmapToPixbuf(SalBitmap*,
> SalBitmap*): assertion 'pBitmap->mnBitCount == 24' failed
> (soffice:4035): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_style_context_set_path: assertion
> 'priv->widget == NULL' failed
> (soffice:4035): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: The property
> GtkSettings:gtk-menu-popup-delay is deprecated and shouldn't be used
> anymore. It will be removed in a future version.
> (soffice:4035): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: The property
> GtkSettings:gtk-menu-images is deprecated and shouldn't be used anymore. It
> will be removed in a future version.
> warn:vcl.headless:4035:1:vcl/unx/gtk3/gdi/../../../headless/svpgdi.cxx:244:
> SvpSalGraphics::isClippedSetup: is inside ! avoid deeper clip ...
> warn:vcl.headless:4035:1:vcl/unx/gtk3/gdi/../../../headless/svpgdi.cxx:235:
> SvpSalGraphics::isClippedSetup: denegerate case detected ...
>
> I've got strange things too:
> - interface is somehow changed (font is more thin as if I had changed theme
> or font size), sorry I know it's not precise.
> - menu Data/Pivot Table only shows "Refresh" and "Delete", not "Create"
> First element has also been there since some days, the other one, I don't
> know.
> I tried to disable Graphic acceleration but it's the same.
>
> I don't know if everything is linked but it seems quite a mess here and
> before creating a bugtracker, wanted to have your opinion first.
>
> Julien

On master we switched to use gtk3 over gtk2 by default, which is a
quite different beast in LO (vcl doesn't draw using X11, instead it
uses the headless renderer) and is not yet polished (the warnings) -
but this needed to happen sooner or later.

You can set the environment variable "SAL_USE_VCLPLUGIN=gtk" or start LO with
"SAL_USE_VCLPLUGIN=gtk ./soffice" to get the old gtk2 interface back
or alternatively suppress gtk3 when building LO (I didn't look how,
but it should be possible).

Regards, Tomaž