Adding Languages to Writer's Character, Font Menu

Richard Wordingham richard.wordingham at ntlworld.com
Tue Jun 23 05:14:03 PDT 2015

(Copy to list for reference - I accidentally replied to Caolán alone.)

On Tue, 23 Jun 2015 08:59:04 +0100
Caolán McNamara <caolanm at redhat.com> wrote:

> The language combo-box allows you to enter arbitrary language tags.
> What happens if you just enter khb-CN in there.

Using vanilla Version: 4.3.3.2, Build ID:
9bb7eadab57b6755b1265afa86e04bf45fbfc644 on Ubuntu 12.04 with Unity
desktop, I can't enter text in that box.  If I tab to the box so that
is highlighted, 'k' changes the selection to Kannada, 'h' changes the
selection to 'Khmer', 'b', '-' and 'c' have no effect, and 'N' changes
the selection to N'ko.  (The effects seem to depend on the speed of
typing - the 'h' can change the selection to Hebrew and 'b' can change
it to Bengali (Bangladesh).)

The trick of copying inserting the language in the .xml files does not
work well.  If I have some text with khb-CN as the language and region
and then try to set the language for a greater expanse of text, khb-CN
does not come up in the menu.

Ubuntu's Version: 4.4.4.2 Build ID: 40m0(Build:2) is no better.

Richard.