tdf#50950 sort out Calc (ISO)WEEKNUM functions

Winfried Donkers W.Donkers at dci-electronics.nl
Thu Mar 5 22:47:54 PST 2015

Hi Eike,

> > I propose to put right in 2 steps:
> > LO version 4.5:
> > UI		ODFF			ODFF-'legacy'		Excel
> > WEEKNUM	WEEKNUM		ISOWEEKNUM			WEEKNUM
> > ISOWEEKNUM	ISOWEEKNUM_TMP					ISOWEEKNUM
> I don't get the ISOWEEKNUM_TMP, what is it supposed to serve?

You wanted no abrupt change in saved function names, but a gradual change where one version uses the old name but can read the new name and the next version uses the new name and can read the old name.
However, here we have the old name being the new name, albeit that they refer to different functions. So, I came up with a temporary name.

> > and remove UI WEEKNUM_ADD
> We will need that somehow for old Excel file formats where all Add-In
> functions are stored explicitly as Add-In names which we "automatically"
> map to/from our Add-In (which first hand was the reason to implement those
> functions as Add-In). Also note that in the old PODF/OOo format the
> programmatical Add-In name was stored. Changing that would open a can of
> worms. So, completely removing it is not an option, at best rename it
> and/or hide it in the FunctionWizard.
I had my reservations about hat too, but not the intimate knowledge of the consequences; I will retain the Add-in function.

> > LO version 4.6:
> > UI		ODFF			ODFF-'legacy'		Excel
> > WEEKNUM	WEEKNUM		WEEKNUM			WEEKNUM
> > ISOWEEKNUM	ISOWEEKNUM		ISOWEEKNUM_TMP		ISOWEEKNUM
> Again, I don't get what the ISOWEEKNUM_TMP serves for, could you
> elaborate?

See above.

Winfried