df#50950 sort out Calc (ISO)WEEKNUM functions

Eike Rathke erack at redhat.com
Thu Mar 12 05:35:01 PDT 2015

Hi Winfried,

On Friday, 2015-03-06 07:47:54 +0100, Winfried Donkers wrote:

> > > I propose to put right in 2 steps:
> > > LO version 4.5:
> > > UI		ODFF			ODFF-'legacy'		Excel
> > > WEEKNUM	WEEKNUM		ISOWEEKNUM			WEEKNUM
> > > ISOWEEKNUM	ISOWEEKNUM_TMP					ISOWEEKNUM
> > I don't get the ISOWEEKNUM_TMP, what is it supposed to serve?
>
> You wanted no abrupt change in saved function names, but a gradual change where one version uses the old name but can read the new name and the next version uses the new name and can read the old name.
> However, here we have the old name being the new name, albeit that they refer to different functions. So, I came up with a temporary name.

I'm a bit lost here. Maybe we need to sort that out from scratch again.
This appears to be the most complicated change in function names we're
tackling because of the different functions AND having an Add-In
function involved AND different names for similar but not quite
identical functions in UI and file formats.

Let's postpone until April ...

  Eike

GPG key "ID" 0x65632D3A - 2265 D7F3 A7B0 95CC 3918  630B 6A6C D5B7 6563 2D3A
Better use 64-bit 0x6A6CD5B765632D3A here is why: https://evil32.com/
Care about Free Software, support the FSFE https://fsfe.org/support/?erack