System python on Mac (was: Re: LibreOffice 4 and Python on Yosemite)

Miklos Vajna vmiklos at collabora.co.uk
Mon Mar 9 03:35:39 PDT 2015

Hi,

On Mon, Mar 09, 2015 at 11:00:03AM +0100, Michael Stahl <mstahl at redhat.com> wrote:
> iirc the configure will only try to use a python >= 3.3 from the system;
> if your build is trying to use system python 2.7 you probably used
> --enable-python=system, or maybe i remember it wrong and it works
> differently on Mac (but why?).

When I worked on the writerfilter python scripts, I saw that at least
$(call gb_ExternalExecutable_get_command,python) returns an internal
Python 3 on Windows, but uses the system Python on Linux / OS X, which
is indeed confusing, as on OS X, the system Python is 2.x. (I.e. my only
choice was to use a subset of Python that is OK on both 2.x and 3.x.)

Hopefully that's not independent from the Python that is used for pyuno.
;-)

Regards,

Miklos