GSOC 2015. Haskell UNO Language Binding

Nikita Uvarov uv.nikita at gmail.com
Sat Mar 21 12:18:01 PDT 2015

Hello, my name is Nikita Uvarov.

email: uv.nikita at gmail.com
irc: uvnikita
github: uvNikita <https://github.com/uvNikita>

I am a student of National Technical University of Ukraine. Currently I'm
getting master degree in Computer Systems and Networks.

I want to participate in GSOC 2015. I'm interested in "Haskell UNO Language
Binding" idea.

Experience:
I'm working on part-time as a Python software developer for 3 years
(project architecture team). Besides Python I'm very interested in
functional programming languages. I successfully finished Scala course on
Coursera and write some university projects in Haskell. Some of them:
StaticScheduleSimulator
<https://github.com/uvNikita/StaticScheduleSimulator> (in-progress, QML +
Haskell)
SyntacticAnalyzer <https://github.com/uvNikita/SyntacticAnalyzer>
TopologyCalc <https://github.com/uvNikita/TopologyCalc>
FileService <https://github.com/uvNikita/FileService>
TopologyRouting <https://github.com/uvNikita/TopologyRouting>

My C language experience is not so big, just three university projects
(still qualitative on my opinion): simple file system
<https://github.com/uvNikita/sfs>, linear-allocator
<https://github.com/uvNikita/linear-allocator>, zone-allocator
<https://github.com/uvNikita/zone-allocator>

My open source experience includes bug fix in Pillow
<https://github.com/python-pillow/Pillow> python library, commit in redis-py
<https://github.com/andymccurdy/redis-py> library and my own other projects
like appstats <https://github.com/uvNikita/appstats>, librarian
<https://github.com/uvNikita/librarian> and fsm_builder
<https://github.com/uvNikita/fsm_builder>.

I would be happy to participate in such huge open source project as
LibreOffice.

I need to fix one bug, as I understood. I'm not experienced C++ developer,
can you give me advice where I can start?
Thank you for your attention.