How many degrees of headlessness do we need?

Tor Lillqvist tml at iki.fi
Sun Mar 29 16:27:39 PDT 2015

> I've googled a bit on libreoffice headless and invisible options usage on
> forums in the context of document conversion. Found just once occurence of
> invisible used alone at stack overflow, most of the time it's headless
> alone or headless and invisible together. So i'd just make it an alias of
> headless to avoid breaking scripts and mark it as deprecated in the help.

Yep, that seems sensible to me, too. Will do that.

Also, I will probably get rid of the ConsoleOnly thing, and instead call
EnableHeadlessMode() in gengal and test IsHeadlessModeEnabled in SVMain().
(This will affect only OS X, as it is only on OS X that ImplSVMainHook()
can return true.)

BTW, despite the ConsoleOnly thing, gengal was still crashing on OS X when
running with no access to the window system. That was because the [NSScreen
screens] call in AquaSalGraphics::initResolution() naturally returned an
empty NSArray, but the code anyway tried to get the 0th object of it. I
fixed that today. Will push together with the other changes mentioned above
once I have done some double-checking.

--tml