Popup dialogs

Christian Lohmaier lohmaier at googlemail.com
Tue Mar 31 03:34:14 PDT 2015

On Mon, Mar 30, 2015 at 11:21 PM, Anthonys Lists
<antlists at youngman.org.uk> wrote:
> On 30/03/2015 16:50, Jens Tröger wrote:
>
> Is there any way we could have a mode that would disable pop-up dialogs,

unless you press a keyboard shortcut that opens a dialog, LO won't
show any pop-ups or steal focus while typing.

> auto-corrupt,

Uncheck Format|AutoCorrect → [ ] while typing or disable all "while
typing" stuff in the AutoCorrect options.

> etc etc. Touch typists are TRAINED NOT to look at the screen -
> a pop-up dialog plays havoc with that workflow.

If you want prevent (for example) <ctrl>+p to open the print dialog,
you should disable/remove all keyboard shortcuts, but this surely
isn't something that would be considered useful by other people. And
even touch typists might want to use <ctrl>+1 (or 2 or 3...) to apply
corresponding heading style.

Other than that - if it really comes to not using any word-processing
features at all, just type in your notepad equivalent and copy'n'paste
to LO after you're done typing.

ciao
Christian