user profile for master / LO 5.0

Jean-Baptiste Faure jbfaure at libreoffice.org
Tue May 12 21:26:51 PDT 2015

Le 12/05/2015 16:22, Stephan Bergmann a écrit :
> On 05/12/2015 03:51 PM, Jean-Baptiste Faure wrote:
>>>
>>> What is the exact problem?  That would not be intentional.
>>
>> LO 4 refused to start. Seems to have been a temporary bug because I just
>> tried again and it seems to work without problem. I will do more tests
>> this evening.
>
> Might have been related to what happened to get fixed yesterday with
> <http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=9a521e3d1f47044f157c59f215ee5b4e5b385365>
> "Add back functionality erroneously removed," where before that fix
> old-style .rdb files generated by LO master were broken and could not be
> read by older LO versions.

I installed both versions 4.4.4.0.+ and 5.0.0.0.alpha1 built at home in
release configuration. Open 4.4, play with some file, close LO, open
5.0, play with some file, close LO, reopen 4.4, etc. No problem
detected. Both work well with the same user profile.
Did not try to use both versions at the same time.

Best regards.
JBF
Disclaimer: my Internet Provider being located in France, each of our
exchanges over Internet will be scanned by French spying services.