starmath, ObjectReplacements, export, word2003

Miklos Vajna vmiklos at collabora.co.uk
Wed May 20 02:24:49 PDT 2015

Hi,

On Wed, May 20, 2015 at 07:50:09AM +0000, Yury <yury.tarasievich at gmail.com> wrote:
> So, to deal with this, at least with point 2.1, one would need to know where
> the processing of starmath metafile used in formula/equation conversion is
> located in source. What file, what subroutine?

Word 2003 uses Mathtype to describe the math equations and they are
embedded as OLE objects into the file.

The entry point of the Mathtype import is
starmath/source/mathtype.cxx:557, MathType::Parse().

I *think* the Mathtype export is MathType::ConvertFromStarMath() in the
same file.

If you are more interested about how this native data is embedded to the
document, put a breakpoint on the export method in gdb, and have a look
at the backtrace to see how you get there.

Regards,

Miklos