starmath, ObjectReplacements, export, word2003

Yury yury.tarasievich at gmail.com
Wed May 20 03:12:23 PDT 2015

Miklos Vajna <vmiklos <at> collabora.co.uk> writes:

> On Wed, May 20, 2015 at 07:50:09AM +0000, Yury <yury.tarasievich <at>
gmail.com> wrote:
> > So, to deal with this, at least with point 2.1, one would need to know where
> > the processing of starmath metafile used in formula/equation conversion is
> > located in source. What file, what subroutine?
>
> Word 2003 uses Mathtype to describe the math equations and they are
> embedded as OLE objects into the file.
>
> The entry point of the Mathtype import is
> starmath/source/mathtype.cxx:557, MathType::Parse().
>
> I *think* the Mathtype export is MathType::ConvertFromStarMath() in the
> same file.

Many, many thanks for answering. This is not the code I'm looking for,
however. :)

What you're talking about is the source directory for the translation of
'eqn->mathtype' direction and back. I know this much. :)

I need the place in source (call sequence, possibly?) where the bitmap
attached to equation by starmath as 'ObjectReplacement' is converted to the
bitmap in format word uses (Microsoft metafile?). This thing would be sort
of put 'on top' of the converted starmath object. I can't easily find where
this is done.

> If you are more interested about how this native data is embedded to the
> document, put a breakpoint on the export method in gdb, and have a look
> at the backtrace to see how you get there.

Using gdb is right out for me. :)

-Yury